Do you thrive in Agile development environments? Aequilibrium is looking for a skilled, motivated Java Developer to join our team.
- Understand software customization within complex, enterprise environments using Java J2EE and integration with 3rd party applications
- Write technical analysis, design, code, and implement large scale object-oriented application, web-service integrations, and server-side object-oriented classes
- Develop and support new/existing applications on the Force.com platform using Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Use of software best practices like test driven development (TDD), pair programming, continuous integration and automated acceptance/regression testing
- Face-to-face work with clients for sprint reviews
- Attend daily stand-ups, sprint planning sessions and retrospectives to plan, track, and code development tasks
- Translate simple to complex user stories into functional and actionable web software within the Salesforce environment
- Work with the latest open source tools and continue to learn and develop skill sets
- Balance your availability to stakeholders for day-to-day activities and bring new and innovative developments to production
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering preferred
- 5+ years of experience working in J2EE
- 4+ years of experience working with web-based technologies
- 2+ years development experience with Visual Force, Java-script, Apex controllers, Triggers, Batch jobs & standard SFDC components
- Proficiency in client web development technologies
- Experience writing web interfaces
- Excellent communication skills and capable of interacting directly with clients
- Excellent researching and analyzing skills
- A strong sense of methodology, process and metrics, functions, and projects.
- Self-starter, “can-do” attitude is a must in a fast-moving business and technical environment.
- Salesforce Developer Certification is considered an asset
- Experience with an ETL tool is highly desired
- Agile development experience is a plus
Essential Technical Skills to have:
- Java/J2EE web application development (Servlets, JDBC, RMI, JMS, JavaBeans, etc.)
- Java EE JAX-WS for SOAP & WSDL or JAX-RS/Jersey for RESTful services
- Spring Framework for dependency injection
- Object Relational Mapping Frameworks, such as JPA, Hibernate, or OpenJPA
- At least one of the following databases: Oracle, DB2, Microsoft SQL Server, and/or MySQL
- At one least one of the following Java application servers: Apache Tomcat, BEA Weblogic, IBM Websphere, and/or JBoss
- Eclipse RCP/SWT (or Java Swing, AWT)
- Software design patterns
- Test driven development
- Version control systems
- Build tools such as Maven or Ant
- Adobe CQ5 would be a plus
This position is located in Vancouver, BC.
If you are interested in working for a top company and are committed to succeeding, please use this online application to send us your resume and a quick note about what makes you unique.
Direct applicants only - no recruiters or intermediaries. Candidates should be local, have a valid working permit for Canada, and be available for interviews which will start shortly. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Aequilibrium is a technology solutions provider for Web and Mobile. Our Senior Management has delivered world-class digital marketing campaigns for brands such as Nintendo, Palm, Starbucks, Electronic Arts and L’Oreal USA. We have a casual environment, we support telecommuting, and we offer a flexible work environment contributing to a balanced lifestyle. We’re big on technology and creativity and believe that through teamwork we can achieve remarkable things. Our unique company culture offers a fun, youthful approach, embracing innovation and change. To learn more about us please go to www.aequilibrium.ca or follow us @AequilibriumInc