Do you thrive in Agile development environments? Aequilibrium is looking for a skilled, motivated Java Developer to join our team.
- Provide software customization within complex, enterprise environments using Java J2EE and integration with 3rd party applications
- Perform technical analysis and design, develop code, and implement large scale object-oriented applications, web-service integrations, and server-side object-oriented classes
- Develop and support applications using Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Use software development best practices like test driven development (TDD), continuous integration and automated acceptance/regression testing
- Work face-to-face with clients for iteration reviews
- Attend daily stand-ups, iteration planning sessions and retrospectives to plan, track, and code development tasks
- Translate user stories into functional and actionable software
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- 5+ years of experience working in J2EE
- Excellent communication skills and capable of interacting directly with clients
- A strong sense of Agile methodology
- Self-starter, “can-do” attitude is a must in a fast-moving business and technical environment.
Bonus Skills to have:
- Java/J2EE web application development (Servlets, JDBC, RMI, JMS, JavaBeans, etc.)
- Java EE JAX-WS for SOAP & WSDL or JAX-RS/Jersey for RESTful services
- Object Relational Mapping Frameworks, such as JPA, Hibernate, or OpenJPA
- One of the following databases: Oracle, DB2, Microsoft SQL Server, and/or MySQL
- One of the following Java application servers: Apache Tomcat, BEA Weblogic, IBM Websphere, and/or JBoss
- Eclipse RCP/SWT (or Java Swing, AWT)
This position is located in Vancouver, BC.
If you are interested in working for a top company and are committed to succeeding, please use this online application to send us your resume and a quick note about what makes you unique.
Direct applicants only - no recruiters or intermediaries. Candidates should be local, have a valid working permit for Canada, and be available for interviews which will start shortly. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Aequilibrium is a technology solutions provider for Web and Mobile. Our Senior Management has delivered world-class digital marketing campaigns for brands such as Nintendo, Palm, Starbucks, Electronic Arts and L’Oreal USA. We have a casual environment, we support telecommuting, and we offer a flexible work environment contributing to a balanced lifestyle. We’re big on technology and creativity and believe that through teamwork we can achieve remarkable things. Our unique company culture offers a fun, youthful approach, embracing innovation and change. To learn more about us please go to www.aequilibrium.ca or follow us @AequilibriumInc