Do you thrive in Agile development environments? Aequilibrium Software is looking for skilled, motivated Java Developers to join our team.
- Software customization within complex, enterprise environments using Java J2EE and integration with 3rd party applications
- Technical analysis, design, coding and implementation of large scale object-oriented application
- Use of software best practices like test driven development (TDD), pair programming, continuous integration and automated acceptance/regression testing
- Risk, cost and effort estimation related to development tasks
- Face-to-face work with clients for sprint reviews
- Solving complex technical challenges
- Working with the latest open source tools and continually learning and developing skill sets
- 5+ years of experience working in J2EE and Agile development environments
- Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Focused on learning and developing their skills
- Excellent communication skills and experience interfacing directly with clients
- Experience in:
- Java/J2EE web application development (Servlets, JDBC, RMI, JMS, JavaBeans, etc.)
- Spring Framework for dependency injection
- Object Relational Mapping Frameworks, such as JPA, Hibernate, or OpenJPA
- At least one of the following databases: Oracle, DB2, Microsoft SQL Server, and/or MySQL
- At one least one of the following Java application servers: Apache Tomcat, BEA Weblogic, IBM Websphere, and/or JBoss
- Test driven development
- Build tools such as Maven or Ant
- Version control systems
- Adobe CQ5 would be a plus
- Eclipse RCP/SWT (or Java Swing, AWT)
- Software design patterns
This position is located in Vancouver, BC.
If you are interested in working for a top company and are committed to succeeding, please use this online application to send us your resume and a quick note about what makes you unique.
Direct applicants only - no recruiters or intermediaries. Candidates should be local, have a valid working permit for Canada, and be available for interviews which will start shortly. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Aequilibrium is a technology solutions provider for Web and Mobile. Our Senior Management has delivered world-class digital marketing campaigns for brands such as Nintendo, Palm, Starbucks, Electronic Arts and L’Oreal USA. We have a casual environment, we support telecommuting, and we offer a flexible work environment contributing to a balanced lifestyle. We’re big on technology and creativity and believe that through teamwork we can achieve remarkable things. Our unique company culture offers a fun, youthful approach, embracing innovation and change. To learn more about us please go to www.aequilibrium.ca or follow us @AequilibriumInc